Wondering who you'll receive letters from during your Letterjoy membership? Here's a general overview. For specific examples, visit our "pen pals" page.
Our lineup of letters is always changing. We try to include letters from a wide variety of voices, but generally, every Letterjoy member will receive letters from (among others):
- Presidents & other world leaders.
- Generals, admirals, and other military leaders.
- Cabinet members
- Famous inventors, scientists, & industrialists
- Notable legislators and judges
- Civil rights leaders
- Famous authors who witnessed notable events
Recent authors of Letterjoy letters include:
- Dwight D. Eisenhower (General & President)
- Susan B. Anthony (Suffragette & activist)
- Thurgood Marshall (Civil rights attorney & Supreme Court Justice)
- Ethel Rosenberg (Famed accused spy)
- Theodore Roosevelt (Governor, Assistant Secretary of the Navy, Roughrider, best-selling author, and President)
- Clarence Darrow (Legendary defense attorney)
For sample Letterjoy letters, see here.